Thursday, March 5, 2009

Welcome to our family!

So, I decided to start documenting more of what's going on in our lives, and hopefully someone out there finds it slightly interesting. It's become more difficult these days with me going back to work, and Chris now working nights, to find time to breathe much less call every person we both know to update them on Owens latest developments. I wish I could, I really do, but let's be realistic.

Owen turned 2 months old yesterday and he is growing by leaps and bounds. I took him to the doctor on Monday, due to him having a hellish case of the sniffles, and he weighs 12 lbs. 9 oz.!! I can't even believe that just 2 months ago he was our little 7 lb. 4 oz. glow worm. We call him our glow worm because he had a slight case of Jaundice when he was born and we had to use this ultraviolet light radiating paddle on his skin 24/7 for about a week or so when we brought him home. This paddle would emit this tremendous green glow, and under his little clothes it made him look just like a Glow Worm.

Aside from Owen being the big 2 months now, and me going back to work part time for now, and Chris working night shifts, there isn't a whole lot new with us. I spend my days working from 7:30am until about 2:30pm and then come home to my boys. Chris leaves for work at about 3pm and Owen and I hang out the rest of the night. We usually play on the floor, sing songs, dance, and if all goes well, that tires him out for most of the night. I'm still trying to get him to sleep in his crib. It's been a task that has overwhelmed me from day one. He sleeps right next to me in his little vibrating baby papasan chair at night right now. I've tried to put him in his crib, but he just wakes up and cries 10 minutes after getting there. I would LOVE some suggestions if anyone has any!

As for now, I'm going to post some pictures, and talk to you guys soon!

Owen at 1 month...

Take Care!!

1 comment:

  1. lindsey! he is super cute! love love love the hair!!!! i'm glad you are blogging so we can follow baby owens and the fam!

    ReplyDelete